Dovetail Family Farm is located in Steuben, ME. Over 72 acres of pasture, woodlands, blueberries and streams. We are a diversified family farm, which means that we produce a wide variety of offerings, and all of the farm's "employees" are the family. We are homesteading right now with a fabulous garden and a good collection of animals including:
- several breeds and generations of horses (because they're amazing)
- a variety of chicken breeds (for fresh eggs and meat)
- turkeys (for Thanksgiving a dozen times a year)
- a couple of breeds of ducks (to keep the mosquito population down and meat)
- a variety of rabbits (for fiber and cuteness)
- goats (for milk, brush-clearing and cuteness)
- cows (a milk cow, her son who is learning to be oxen and a young bull for "services" and meat)
- an alpaca (for fiber and exercise... chasing him...)
- hard working dogs (to wake us up at night...)
- less-than-enthusiastic cats
We have fresh eggs available, if you let us know when you're coming.
Maddrey will have fiber projects available in her Etsy store as she is periodically overcome by the creative spirit.
Frank is always available for Equine Dentistry. He serves Maine, Massachusetts, Vermont and New Hampshire. Read about his Equine Dentistry here.
Norma - Frank's mom - is a writer and manages this website, Frank's website, our Facebook page, Instagram, writing blog posts and will learn to take decent photographs for the farm. She used to write for television, if you're interested - click here. She also returned from a two-month television job in Moscow, Russia, and blogged about here.